Jun Avila is a small but sophisticated law firm based in Miami, Florida. Our attorneys previously practiced at large international law firms based in the U.S. and Canada, allowing us to provide quality legal services not only to domestic clients, but also to international clients involved in transactions or disputes having a nexus with the United States.
International Business Advisors
Our attorneys have in-depth experience working with international issues in North America and Latin America and are collectively fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Korean. As cross-border specialists, we provide a full array of legal services for startups and established corporate clients. Our goal is to get to know your business and ambitions so that we can become your trusted advisors.
We strive to provide the best working experience for our clients by offering an in-person interaction, a fully virtual experience, or anything in between. When it comes to payments, we understand that modern, growing businesses may need other options than the standard billing models of large law firms. We work closely with our clients to determine what works best for them, whether it is fixed fees, hourly bills, contingent fees or monthly subscriptions.
We take the time to become your trusted business advisors to help ensure your interests are protected.
Financing for your business is a complicated game. Big banks and investors have countless attorneys protecting them, so let us protect you.
Corporate and M&A
Selling a business or merging with another is a huge step, and we are here to ensure the transaction is handled optimally for you.
Starting a business is a daunting task and it is easy to feel alone. We are here to listen to your vision and understand your goals while providing you with legal expertise.
Our sophisticated litigation and arbitration expertise allows us to handle domestic and international business disputes of any complexity.
Trusted Legal Advisors
- We represented an international payments company in a variety of commercial matters in connection with its operations throughout Latin America and the Caribbean.
- We represented a start-up online home-goods company in connection with the preparation of its organizational documents, its clickwrap sales agreement and with the negotiation of its core set of supply and services agreements.
- We represented a lender in closing a USD10 million loan financing for a maquiladora in Mexico.
- We represented an Argentinian company in acquiring a controlling stake in a U.S.-based software developer.
- We represented buyers and sellers of companies based in Florida, Panama, and other Latin American countries, including performing due diligence in both Spanish and English.
- We represented a clean energy startup in connection with its entity formation, internal governance, and capital raising efforts, including Regulation D private placements and convertible note issuance.
- We represented a minority member in state court litigation related to the forced redemption of his equity interest in local boating equipment manufacturer.
- We represented a Spanish entity in ICDR arbitration proceedings against a foreign state.
- We represented a marketing agency in a breach of contract dispute with a large manufacturer.
Here for You
Whatever your business needs are, we are here to help. We specialize in providing exceptional legal service, delivering exactly what you need when you need it. Contact Jun Avila today for your consultation.